INTRODUCTION TO CHESTER HEART SUPPORT GROUP
In 1989 Jane Bignall, the Countess of Chester's Cardiac Physiotherapist invited a member of the Heart And Stroke Association ( now the British Heart Foundation ) to meet the heart patients and carers of the very new Cardiac Rehab.
From this meeting came the realisation that a support group was needed for the Chester area.
Thirteen members attended this meeting , and all thirteen decided to form the Chester Heart Support Group. A cap was passed round, our first funds were generated and the group got off the ground.
In March 2009 we celebrated our Twentieth Anniversary and we now have almost 400 members. See our aims, history and activities on the other pages.
- Mrs. J. Bignell, M.C.S.P.,B.A.
- Sister Carol Payton, (retired)
- Cardiac Consultants at the Countess of Chester Hospital
- Dr. P.G. Reid, F.R.C.P., M.D.
- Dr. M.L. Sedgwick, F.R.C.P., M.D.
- Prof. J. Somauroo, M.R.C.P., M.D.
- Dr. J. Causer, MB, M.R.C.P. (U.K.)
To contact us via email please click here.