To benefit Cardiac patients, their families and carers.
- (a) To offer help, support, advice and maintain contact with cardiac patients and their carers and / or families.
- b) To maintain contact with professional people, the press and other relevant sources, to the benefit of the group.
- (c) To provide for members information or leisure, social, physical (exercise) and rehabilitation programmes, and where appropriate initiate such programmes.
- (d) To raise funds to support cardiac care and rehabilitation.
- (e) Where appropriate, to interact with and help other cardiac, rehabilitation and voluntary groups.
- f) To provide a voluntary service whenever possible for:- A visiting service to patients in hospital or confined to home etc
Our Members support each other; they are fellow heart sufferers and carers. They talk to each other like no Doctor or Counsellor ever could. They have shared similar experiences and pain. They may be on the same medication as you.
New members can see how well other members are progressing – this is when they start to learn that there is life after a heart attack – and usually a much healthier one! We hold fund raising events to buy equipment for the Countess of Chester Heart Wards.
Have a browse through our activities page for additional benefits.